Annews24-Qatar, His Excellency Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Prime Minister, presided over the regular meeting held yesterday morning at the Emiri Diwan.
Following the meeting, HE Dr. Issa Bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi, Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs, said:
The Council considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
First, take the necessary measures to issue a draft law amending some provisions of Law No. (7) of 2007 regarding the adjudication of administrative disputes after the Council of Ministers has reviewed the recommendation of the Shura Council on the draft law.
Approval of a draft law on the treatment and recycling of waste.
The Ministry of Municipalities and Environment has prepared the draft law to comply with international environmental requirements and standards and to optimize the use of waste and waste.
The project includes provisions concerning the types of waste and materials that may be recycled, the controls of their circulation, management, processing, recycling or disposal at home or abroad, the cases of revocation or suspension of the license, the stages of waste treatment and regulation and the conditions that must be met in waste treatment sites and facilities.
1. Draft resolution of the Minister of Municipality and Environment on the recycling and processing of used tires.
2 – Draft Resolution Minister of Municipality and Environment on the recycling and treatment of electrical and electronic waste.
3 – Draft Resolution The Minister of Municipality and the Environment recycled the packaging of liquid materials.
4 – Draft Resolution of the Minister of Municipality and Environment system of treatment and recycling of medical waste.
5 – Draft Decision of the Minister of Municipality and the Environment controls the use of plastic bags.
6. Draft Resolution of the Minister of Municipality and Environment on the storage and transport of solid waste.
7 – Draft Resolution Minister of Municipality and Environment on the system of environmental monitoring of water quality of the marine environment.
8 – Draft Resolution of the Minister of Municipality and the Environment to control the transfer, treatment and recycling of worn or damaged batteries.
The Ministry of Municipalities and Environment prepared these projects in preparation for their issuance in implementation of the provisions of Law No. (18) of 2017 on hygiene and the Environmental Protection Law promulgated by Legislative Decree No. (30) of 2002 in the context of preserving the environment and providing a clean environment.
Fourth: Approving the draft resolution of the Council of Ministers to appoint the administrative units comprising the General Authority for Taxation and determining its terms of reference.
V. Approval of:
1. Draft memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of sport between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Haiti.
2. A draft memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of exchange of financial investigations between the Financial Information Unit of the State of Qatar and the Financial Information Unit of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
VI. Approval of the draft resolution of the Council of Ministers to identify areas and places where non-Qataris can own and use real estate.
This decision comes in implementation of Law No. 16 of 2018 on the regulation of non-Qatari ownership and utilization of real estate. The Council agreed to:
1 – To allow the ownership of real estate for non-Qatari individuals, non-Qatari commercial companies and real estate investment trusts.
2. Determine the number of 10 areas for non-Qatari ownership of their properties freely.
3 – To determine the number of 16 areas for non-Qatari use of real estate for 99 years.
4 – Allow non – Qatari ownership of residential villas within residential complexes.
5 – Allow non – Qatari ownership of shops within commercial complexes.
6. Granting residence to non-Qatari owners of real estate whether for the purpose of housing or investment throughout the period of ownership of the property.
A press conference will be held next week detailing the details.
— Annews24 (@AfricanewsT) December 8, 2018